sendmail 8.14.0 is released -> FC6 ??

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Sun Feb 4 18:42:17 UTC 2007

On Sunday, Feb 4th 2007 at 00:05 -0500, quoth Mail List:

=>
=>
=>   Any chance this can be made available for FC6 - it has some really nice
=>anti-spam features not in 8.13.8.
=>
=> thanks kindly,
=>
=>gene/

I'd be interested also. I did find this

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3?stat=3&search=sendmail&srodzaj=3

which showed sendmail-8.14.0-alt0.Beta4.src.rpm

but it's definitely a non-trivial build, at least under Core 4.

[root at saturn SPECS]# rpmbuild -ba sendmail.spec
error: Failed build dependencies:
        libpam0-devel is needed by sendmail-8.14.0-alt0.Beta4.i386
        groff-base is needed by sendmail-8.14.0-alt0.Beta4.i386
        libdb4-devel is needed by sendmail-8.14.0-alt0.Beta4.i386
        libgdbm-devel is needed by sendmail-8.14.0-alt0.Beta4.i386
        libldap-devel is needed by sendmail-8.14.0-alt0.Beta4.i386
        libsasl2-devel is needed by sendmail-8.14.0-alt0.Beta4.i386
        libssl-devel is needed by sendmail-8.14.0-alt0.Beta4.i386
        libwrap-devel is needed by sendmail-8.14.0-alt0.Beta4.i386
        bind-devel conflicts with sendmail-8.14.0-alt0.Beta4.i386

If anyone can get a clean build out of it I'd love to see the spec file

=>
=>
=>
=>---
=>Some of the useful stuff:
=>
=>Try to deal with open HTTP proxies that are used to send spam
=>                by recognizing some commands from them. If the first command
=>                from the client is GET, POST, CONNECT, or USER, then the
=>                connection is terminated immediately.
=>New PrivacyOptions noactualrecipient to avoid putting
=>                X-Actual-Recipient lines in DSNs revealing the actual
=>                account that addresses map to.  Patch from Dan Harkless.
=>CONFIG: New FEATURE(`require_rdns') to reject messages from SMTP
=>                clients whose IP address does not have proper reverse DNS.
=>                Contributed by Neil Rickert of Northern Illinois University
=>                and John Beck of Sun Microsystems.
=>CONFIG: New FEATURE(`block_bad_helo') to reject messages from SMTP
=>                clients which provide a HELO/EHLO argument which is either
=>                unqualified, or is one of our own names (i.e., the server
=>                name instead of the client name).  Contributed by Neil
=>                Rickert of Northern Illinois University and John Beck of
=>                Sun Microsystems.
=>CONFIG: New FEATURE(`badmx') to reject envelope sender addresses
=>                (MAIL) whose domain part resolves to a "bad" MX record.
=>                Based on contribution from William Dell Wisner.

steveo at syslang.net