FC7 Test1, No KDE!!

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 4 19:53:35 UTC 2007

--- jim tate <mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Charles Curley wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 05:43:42AM -0500, jim tate
> wrote:
> >
> >> Out of curiosty I installed FC7 test 1 and
> noticed that Gnome was the
> >> only Desktop available, where's KDE ??
> >> I assume this a test version and it will change
> later, Here's hoping.
> >> NO KDE, NO Fedora on my PC.
> >>

> > Discussion of FC7 is on the Fedora Test List until
> FC7 is released. As
> > it happens there was some discussion of KDE there
> recently.
> >

> I tryed to google it and can't find any answers
> there.
> I new it was a matter of time before Fedora would
> drop KDE.
>
> Jim
>
> --

Fedora has not dropped out KDE, they are just having
trouble with building KDE 3.5.6 as there are many
dependencies that causing problems.  (see the
buildsys at redhat.com messages from fedora-test-list).
Hopefully on F7 Test 2, KDE will be back along with
gcc and other missing utilities that were not included
in F7 Desktop Respin Test 1 release.

Regards,

Antonio