Can Evolution be used to access yahoo mail?

Gueckel, P. gueckelp at telus.net
Sun Feb 4 23:11:25 UTC 2007

On February 4, 2007, parishd wrote:
> As was already mentioned, only with the paid version of yahoo mail.
> You can do this however with the free version of gmail; I switched for
> this exact reason.
>
> Daniel

How did you get that to work?

I have pop.googlemail.com, port 995, use ssl and similar for smtp, like the
help says, but I can send, but not receive. Well, sort of...

When I send an email, it goes to gmail account, but I can't retrieve it. I log
in to gmail, verify that pop is on (tried both options, from now on and all
mail, including mail already sent). Then I try to retrieve the email and it
arrives. I send another, and same story. Won't download. I log in again,
verify pop settings, the mail comes, but the next one won't ad infinitum.

How do you get it to work?

--
     Peter Gückel