FC6 through the rear view mirror

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 5 00:31:38 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-02-04 at 15:54 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> ----
> Ok - if I understand your logic correctly...You don't bother reporting
> bugs to the bugzilla system that is designed to connect the package
> maintainers to the bug reporters because they haven't fixed the bugs
> that you reported (though a search for your e-mail address in bugzilla
> turned up nada) and you think that bugs ***might*** get fixed if you
> report them here even though few of the package maintainers monitor
> this
> list.
>
> Extending your logic, I don't understand why the President doesn't
> bring
> the troops home from Iraq.
>
> Aaron - the system isn't perfect but it's the best system that we have
> and it exists to benefit all users - the important part of the
> equation
> is that people report bugs because that is where the process starts
> (at
> least hopefully). Recognize that a bug report on FC-6 at this point
> might very well be too late to have much impact on the first release
> of
> FC-7
>
> Craiga

I am not going to defend my experiences with FC6. I know that other
people had different experiences. But the next message in the thread is
from someone who cold not get his machine to shut off.
I will ,however,defend my honesty. I said that an unsuccessful bugzilla
was posted for the machine shutting off problem and for yumex. I did not
say I posted it. I did not. I have not posted bugzilla posting recently
because I am frustrated with the process. I know it is the thing that
should work but it doesn't for me. In the future I will try harder.

II guess the bottom line is that FC6 is not the best system we've got.
For me FC5 was better.
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net>