Can Evolution be used to access yahoo mail?

Gueckel, P. gueckelp at telus.net
Mon Feb 5 01:39:45 UTC 2007

On February 4, 2007, Andreas (Andy) Roddau wrote:
> For POP
>
> Username = username at gmail.com
> host = pop.gmail.com
> port = 995
> Encryption = SSL
> Auth = Clear text
>
> For SMTP
>
> Username = username at gmail.com
> host = smtp.gmail.com
> port = 587
> Server does require authentication
> Encryption = TLS
> Auth = Plain Text
>
> The above works for me in Kmail.

I did exactly what you said. I had exactly that, except that google help says
to use googlemail.com. I changed it to gmail.com. For sending, google says
port 465 with SSL. I will give port 587 with TLS a try.

But, sending works fine, so no real reason to change it. Also, kmail's 'check
what server supports' discovers SSL. No matter.

Curious thing is, I have exactly the same as you for pop and this is what
google help says, but no mail is downloaded, but when I log in, it's there.

I know the program is checking, because when I click 'check mail in' in kmail,
it checks and in the status bar at the bottom, it says that there is no mail
on gmail, but there is.

--
Peter Gückel