Firefox updates language packs

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Mon Feb 5 07:32:52 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 00:21 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 11:49:32 +0530
> Amitakhya Phukan <aphukan at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > The uninstall button was disabled.
>
> You missed the "load Firefox as root" part of my original post, which is how
> you get to be able to delete the language packs, i.e. enable the uninstall
> button.
>
> However, you still have to select and confirm each one of them manually using
> two mouse clicks and the associated mouse movement.

Disable them in your user account.
While they will still be installed, they will not be loaded when you
start firefox, and thus your problem of them using memory will go away.
Furthermore, the fact that they are disabled will be saved in your user
preferences, so they will not be re-enabled when you get a firefox
update.