system hangs with all-generic-ide & irqpoll

David Scriven davidwriter at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 5 20:33:25 UTC 2007

>Depends what the chip in question is for the all-generic-ide bit, for the
>irqpoll part its almost certainly between you and your BIOS vendor and
>nothing to do with the irq code.

> The Ide -chip is a  "Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Unknown device 6101"
> according to lspci.

I have the same:

03:00.0 IDE interface: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Unknown device 6101 (rev b1)
        (prog-if 8f [Master SecP SecO PriP PriO])
        Subsystem: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Unknown device 6101

>libata now has basic support for the Marvell 6101 PATA.If I understand things correctly, libata is part of the kernel, so either
the current kernel
a) doesn't support this particular version of the  Marvell  chip
b) libata support for the Marvell PATA is not included in the current kernel.
c) libata support for the Marvell PATA doesn't work.

In any case, I'm not sure what more, other than filing a bugzilla report,
I can do.

DS