Bad fonts after upgrade from FC5 to FC6

Chris Rouch chris.rouch at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 14:42:13 UTC 2007

On 2/6/07, Hans Müller <ndof at gmx.li> wrote:
> Hello, after upgrade from FC5 to FC all fonts in gtk application looks very bad.
> For example the size of fonts under firefox are to big and fonts in thunderbird are all extreme
> bold. Any ideas what goes wrong?

I saw the same thing, though I use fvwm rather than gnome or kde, so
the fonts tend to change each time I upgrade anyway. Make sure
gnome-settings-daemon is running and then run gnome-font-properties
(there's a menu item for it, I believe) to set the gtk defaults, and
set the firefox defaults using the preferences.

Chris