GM & MS

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 20:57:04 UTC 2007

Joe Smith wrote:

> The factory radio in my Honda was limited by the manufacturer to only
> operate with two small portions of the radio frequency spectrum. Honda
> claims it is because of "FCC rules".
>
> The factory radio also won't let me pirate Sirius or XM stations for
> some bizarre reason.
>
> I'm sure you're not poking fun at Linux because the maintainers are
> unwilling to break the law, are you?

But feel free to poke fun at them because they won't cooperate with
anyone who wants to give their software away in a different manner (ati,
nvidia, vmware...), and for making it next to impossible for anyone to
supply copies of things that don't break the law as part of the
distribution even to people willing to pay for them.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com