[Fwd: User account ( hacked ) of FC6 System]

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 06:12:17 UTC 2007

edwardspl at ita.org.mo wrote:

>> I think the real solution is to teach your user that it is important
>> not to let others know his password if he hasn't figured that out
>> himself yet. And if others do need this access they should have their
>> own accounts instead of being able to pretend to be someone else.
>>

> But I think the user account ( profile files ) is also problem, so, I
> want to know how limit the related files ( including the dot file ) !

This was covered in another topic.
Using normal unix permissions:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2007-February/msg01197.html
or with the special chattr operation:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2007-February/msg01247.html

You'll have to fix them for the existing broken account first, though.
   Either delete the account and re-add it or copy working versions of
the files over from a working account as root.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com