rebuilding modprobe.conf

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Feb 8 11:59:15 UTC 2007

Brian Chadwick wrote:
> hi,
>
> I have inadvertently deleted modprobe.conf. How can I rebuild that file
> so that it is the same as when Fedora (FC6) installed itself?
>
> cheers
>
> brian

There is a file called /etc/sysconfig/hwconf that could be
removed/renamed and kudzu could be run to regenerate the modprobe.conf file.

Check the archives for a posting by Dave Jones as to the specifics. I am
going on memory from what I recall from the posting.

Jim

--
You will live a long, healthy, happy life and make bags of money.