Talking to Logitech on the phone regarding webcam support for linux

Steve Searle steve at stevesearle.com
Thu Feb 8 13:18:34 UTC 2007

Around 01:15pm on Thursday, February 08, 2007 (UK time), Dave Ihnat scrawled:

> On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 03:43:17PM +1030, Tim wrote:
> > Of course, you don't need access to the source code to be able to do
> > that, hackers have been working that sort of stuff out for themselves
> > right from the start.
>
> And today that kind of hacking may be considered illegal if the
> manufacturer decided to press charges.

I presume that by "that kind of hacking", you mean reverse engineering?
If so, is it really illegal?  What law is it breaking (I'm not talking
about DRM stuff).

Steve

--

A:  Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q:  Why is top-posting a bad thing?

 13:16:44 up 173 days, 15:43,  2 users,  load average: 0.08, 0.03, 0.01