SD card reader (Winbond)

javajunkie javajunkie at koyuru.com
Fri Feb 9 00:46:32 UTC 2007

Hi,
>    The USB cable to the camera works but the camera has to
> be on for that.  It would be nice to be able to just pop out the SD
> card, slot it on my laptop and get the pictures.
 SanDisk Ultra II Plus USB - SD Card  about $25
http://www.engadget.com/2005/01/06/sandisk-ces-sd-card-with-built-in-usb-adapter/

it pulls double duty as a normal-looking SD card, but flip it over, pop
off the cover, and it slips into any USB port just like that.

Haven't tried it but it would keep you from carrying an usb reader along
should you not get the on-board reader working and not want to use
camera battery life.

shawn