Livna repo broken?

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Fri Feb 9 19:04:18 UTC 2007

Peter Gückel wrote:
> Also, yesterday, amarok-1.4.5 came out, but the livna extras-nonfree
> is 1.4.4.

It can sometimes take more than a day for a maintainer to get an
update built.  :)

> I am not sure if it will work, but I don't dare update amarok until
> I have some indication that the old package to enable sound output,
> the aforementioned 1.4.4 package, actually works. Does it?

In this case I don't think it matters.  You don't need the
amarok-extras-nonfree package.  The README included with it says this:

"Now that xine-lib is in Fedora Extras, all additional functionalities
(like mp3 playback) are provided by the xine-lib-extras-nonfree
package.

Thus, this is only a virtual package which depends on
xine-lib-extras-nonfree to provide an upgrade path.

You can safely remove this package if you want to."

The United States is a nation of laws, badly written and randomly
enforced.
    -- Frank Zappa