Livna repo broken?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Feb 9 19:54:09 UTC 2007

Peter Gückel wrote:

> I just wish they would put all of the extras-nonfree into a single package,
> instead of us having to download one for each and every program that uses
> non-free codecs.

That's either impossible or inefficient. There are two issues here -
Multiple multimedia frameworks or engines like xine and gstreamer. If I
dont use xine, I wouldnt want a package to require it as a dependency
just so as to satisfy my requirements for a gstreamer plugin. Also there
are multiple programs. I dont want to install Amarok plugins if I dont
use Amarok either. So a split makes sense for granularity.

Rahul