Livna repo broken - SOLVED

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 21:49:26 UTC 2007

Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 11:18 -0500, Temlakos wrote:
>
>> Aaron Konstam wrote:

>>> First  of all smart does not use the original livna.repo. It forces you
>>> to create a livna channel. This breaks the structure of the livna.repo
>>> because smart, as far as I can see, has the same bug as yumex. It cannot
>>> have a channel with multiple baseurls.
>>> At least that is what I found. So in my opinion it is smart that is to
>>> blame not livna.
>>>

>> Hmmm--it sounds as though I might not be using the best mirror to that site.
>>
>> Any suggestions? I can create mirror lists, after all.
>>
>> Temlakos
>>
> mirrotlists will work it believe.

You mean "mirrorlists," of course.

Since I received your message, I followed a tip to visit Livna's own
site. They have an RPM called livna-release-6.rpm. I installed that and
then ran the script that it installed in /usr/share/doc. That script
installed all of the channels and mirrors I needed.

The Livna problem is now resolved.

I have some other minor issues with smart--it seems to have forgotten to
enforce global priorities.

Temlakos