videolan

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 15:31:57 UTC 2007

Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:

>> Freshrpms is a 3rd party repository that rebuilds and replaces some of
>> the standard components from fedora core/extras and may not be
>> compatible with anything else.
>

> Can you give me an example?

Not easily - I don't have anything that conflicts right now.

> Are you saying that livna is supported by RedHat?

No, I'm saying that livna does not replace or conflict with anything in
the repositories that are supported by RedHat/fedora - or at least the
make an effort not to.  They build against the libraries already
available in core/extras.  The other 3rd party repositories tend to
supply modified versions of core/extra libraries.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com