Samba, connection is slow but copying files is fast.

korgull korgull at home.nl
Sat Feb 10 15:41:47 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have an issue with Samba regarding connection speed. The issue is not speed
in general because copying files to and from a share works well. The issue is
that it takes ages before I can access the share and start doing something.

Once it connects it is fast. When I stop using the share and try to open it
again after a while, I again have a long waiting time before I can connect.
The time I have to wait is somewhere between 10-30 seconds.

The network uses DHCP and both samba server and client are connected to a
Linksys router.

Does anyone have a clue to what can be the issue ?

regards,
Marcel