videolan [SOLVED]

François Patte francois.patte at math-info.univ-paris5.fr
Sat Feb 10 16:20:07 UTC 2007

Paulo Cavalcanti a écrit :

>> I cannot find other yum repo for freshrpms....
>

> http://mirror.atrpms.net/freshrpms/fedora/linux/6/i386/freshrpms

OK. I did it and had still some problems.... transcation check claiming
that some installed libraries were newer that the downloaded ones...
that was true!

The main problem is the difference between i386 and x86_64: for some
unknown reasons, yum install both versions of the same package and
sometimes install the i386 version while x86_64 version exists! That was
the case here: I installed xine with yum and it was the i386 version, it
installed too the i386 version of libraries needed by xine and, as they
were newer than those needed by vlc x86_64 the conflicts began....

I thought that there was a parallel development i386/x86_64, it seems
that I was wrong.

Thanks a lot

--
François Patte