squid problem

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Feb 12 11:29:02 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 16:03 +0530, yogesh at banasdairy.coop wrote:
> hi i have a proxy server on squid
>
> i want to allow only bseindia.com site to my one user(only this site)
> i make acl rule as follow
>

> acl yogesh_usr proxy_auth yogesh
> acl yogesh_ip src 10.1.1.53
> acl rul_1 dstdomain .bseindia.com
> http_access allow rul_1 yogesh_usr yogesh_ip
> http_access deny !rul_1 !yogesh_usr !yogesh_ip
>

> but this rules will not work
> it provide access to all the web
>
> i want to allow one bseindia so how it possible

It's ages since I've played with rules for Squid, but wouldn't it be
simpler to just deny everything, then allow through that one thing you
want?  Of course, that's presuming I've understood your description at
the start about allowing *only* that site and that user to work.

> also is there any squid monitoring tools for fc5

What sort of monitoring?  There's tools for Squid that do different
things (show graphs of usage patterns, analyse the logs, and so on).

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.