FC5 fails to boot with BT878 card

Jim Duda jim at duda.tzo.com
Mon Feb 12 13:36:19 UTC 2007

Yes indeed.  If I wait long enough, the box finally boots.  I don't know what I did to cause this to change.  However, I'll just learn to be patient when I boot the box.

I turned on UDEV debugging.  The messages don't indicate any failure.  It literally takes 5 minutes to boot now.

Jim
  "Paulo Cavalcanti" <promac at gmail.com> wrote in message news:68720af30702110759w1212bf38h88433545161a2ed9 at mail.gmail.com...

    I'm sure I change something in the driver setup, etc.  I'm just
    struggling to figure out how to find where udev is getting stuck.

  Have you tried to wait?
  Sometimes, udev gets stuck in FC5 and I have to wait a long time
  for the boot to proceed. Maybe 5min.

  --
  Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
  LCG - UFRJ