Changing resolution on laptop

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 14:40:24 UTC 2007

I've a Dell E1505 laptop with a 1050*1400 resolution LCD screen, and a
regular external CRT monitor that can display video up to 768*1024.
I'd like to plug the monitor into the laptop's output, but I need the
output to display 768*1024. How would one go about ensuring that the
correct resolution is used depending on whether or not the monitor is
connected?

Googling about led me to a bash script that changes screen resolution,
but I'd prefer something automatic: LCD always get 1050*1400 and the
CRT always gets 768*1024.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/