Fedora 6 x86_64 DVD install, unrecognized _CD_ (not DVD)??

Frode Petersen fropeter at online.no
Mon Feb 12 23:49:12 UTC 2007

Hello.
I encountered a weird behaviour of the installer during install using a
dvd burnt from the iso I downloaded.

I was able to boot the dvd, start the installation, and got as far as to
  where you choose the installation media. When choosing local cdrom (no
dvd option), the cd was ejected and the installer complained that the cd
wasn't recognized.

I was able to complete the install using the local harddisk option
instead, using the stored iso directly, so the iso seems to be ok.

Is there something wrong with the dvd iso's ability to read a dvd, or am
I doing something wrong?

(Btw. a quick search of bugzilla.redhat.com didn't come up with anything.)

Thanks in advance!

Frode Petersen