Encoders for audio/video players on FC6...

Ryan Li li_international at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 13 08:51:11 UTC 2007

I was able to get the sound working by just playing around with the Alsa
mixer a bit. Had to check-mark the 'line is as output' box. I can play audio
cds from the cd drive but can't play mp3s. I'm guessing there is some sort
of an encoding that I either need to set or install? Same problem with movie
files; mov, avi, mpeg, etc. Do I need to download something or is it there
already in the basic installation and just need to be enabled?

Thanks_
Ryan