need to switch computers without losing data

Tom Poe tompoe at fngi.net
Tue Feb 13 20:05:03 UTC 2007

My daughter has a PIII with FC5 on it.  Troubleshooting flowchart
indicates power supply died.  We're going to the UMN recycle store, and
get a PIII or newer.  Can someone point me to the steps needed to take
the hard drive out of the dead computer, and put it in the new computer,
and not lose the data?  I'm thinking there might be issues with just
switching hard drive to another computer with different hardware
configuration.
Any help appreciated,
Tom