How to SMTP (Email) Server Fedora 6?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 22:04:10 UTC 2007

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> You keep talking about "muddling
> through" the sendmail.mc file to make it listen to outside
> connections. Please explain what is so hard to understand about
> this, that people are going to get it wrong?

Please name one other RH/fedora package where you have to do anything
like this to make a program do what it was designed to do?  Please
describe the standard locations for documentation where you got a
pointer to the needed change in sendmail.mc?  Man sendmail? Man
sendmail-cf?  This isn't something you'll find in any external sendmail
documentation because no one writing about sendmail in general would
consider the possibility that it might be shipped that way.

> If you want sample configurations of different mail server
> configurations that can be modified for local conditions,

I want ones that don't need to be modified unless you already know your
local conditions are non-standard.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com