Question about DST changes in the US

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 16:48:31 UTC 2007

Bruno Wolff III wrote:

>   Kerry Miller <kmiller01 at ticnet.com> wrote:
>> I've got several different flavors of Fedora Core running both at home and
>> work and have been researching how to make changes to when it switches
>> from standard time to daylight saving time.  The only thing I found was
>> that it links to files under /usr/share/zoneinfo but those don't look like
>> text files.  how do I edit those files and then compile them to make the
>> DST changes at the right time?
>>
>> Or, is there another fix for this?  Is there a patch or updated RPM to
>> replace the files in /zoneinfo?
>
> If you are keeping your system uptodate, you should have picked up the US
> DST rule changes a long time ago.

Well, if you define a 'long time' as a year of so... I'm way too old to
do that.  But run a zdump on your timezone name to see if you have it.
If you have a fedora version that hasn't had updates for a year I'm not
sure if you can rebuild the current version's src rpm - or if you even
have to rebuild it.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com