Bonehead Move

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 14 19:06:55 UTC 2007

Tod wrote:

[snip]

> I got the loopback working and can see all the partitions in the image.
> Since its a volume managed device I'm now stuck.  I can see the
> partitions but I can't think of how to get around the lvm part to mount
> them and see the actual contents.  I'm not that lvm proficient quite yet.

I tossed FC4 when I discovered that it installs LVM by default. LVM is
IMO worse than useless. I see no advantages for me, and I see problems
(like yours, for example) looming in the future.

> Does anybody have any hits?  Anybody maybe have some experience making
> this type of mistake and have some advice on trying to recover the data
> from it?

Sorry, no.

> And yes, I am now in the process of implementing a backup system :(

Well, live and learn.

I suggest that, when you get yourself back on your feet, you not
use LVM.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.