Help: serious VMware/XP problem under FC6

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu Feb 15 04:23:27 UTC 2007

Dean S. Messing wrote:
> My XP installation under VMware is running incredibly slowly.  The
> second hand on the XP "date and clock" is taking several seconds to
> move 1 secoond!
>
> Here's my installation, in brief:
> -- Fresh install of FC6 (respin DVD) on a clean Dell Precision M70 laptop.
> -- The machine has  the nVidia "Quadro FX Go1400" video processor in it.
> -- All FC6 updates as of yesterday (186 of them).
> -- 2.6.19.1-2911 kernel, and opensource "nv" driver
> -- Fresh install of VMwareWorkstation-5.5.3
>
> VMware itself comes up fine,
> but XP starts and runs _really_really_really_ slowly.
>
> Does anyone have a clue?  I am stumped.

No clue, but a question and suggestion.

Q.  How much memory does your FC6 have and how much memory did you assign to
your virtual machine.

The VMWare forums are very helpful as they are targets for this type of
question.  If I were you I'd make sure I'd ask over there as well.

--
QOTD:
	"I'd never marry a woman who didn't like pizza... I might play