How can I install a Agere NIC in my laptop?

Miguel Pedreño Saura mipesa at coitt.es
Thu Feb 15 16:41:19 UTC 2007

Hello!

    I have a LG laptop with a Agere Network card et131x.

    Ive got a RPM form the Web
http://dadams1969.googlepages.com/et131xkernelmodule:

        http://dadams1969.googlepages.com/et131x-1.2.2-3.src.rpm

    and I don't know how I can install this. Making:

    * rpm -Uvhi et131x-1.2.2-3.src.rpm ---> Result Ok but no new
ethernet are defined.
    * rpmbulid --rebuil et131x-1.2.2-3.src.rpm --> error at line 30 =
unknown tag: %suse_kernel_module_package um

    I don't have connetivity to Internet.

    Perhaps, I can compile the patch but I don't know I can install
linux-headers and builds-essential that are required for patch with
fedora.

    Someone can say to me how I can be solve this problem?

Thanks
Miguel