Upgrading kernel error

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Feb 18 00:05:41 UTC 2007

Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Przemyslaw Gawronski writes:
>
>> Hi, I've just installed FC6. Naturally the first thing I would like to
>> do is to upgrade the system. So after running 'yum update' the new
>> kernel is installed (kernel-2.6.19-1.2911.fc6.i686). After rebooting I
>> get this error message:
>>
>> JMB363: dma_base is invalid
>>
>> but with the kernel from install CD (kernel-2.6.18-1.2798.fc6.i686) the
>> system works just fine!
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>
> File a report in bugzilla.  Include the output of dmesg when booting the
> 2.6.18 kernel.  Include the output of the lspci and dmidecode commands.

I have trouble booting with the latest kernel also. This is the first
released kernel that did not boot for me since the computer was setup
several years ago.

I'll try to get a serial port output Monday if installing the kernel
after removal and re-installation still bombs.

The last kernel before this version booted up fine.

Jim

--
A budget is just a method of worrying before you spend money, as well
as afterward.