rpm question how to reinstall packages

Tom Poe tompoe at fngi.net
Mon Feb 19 01:29:12 UTC 2007

I checked rpm.org site, but they don't have mailing list for user
questions.  I tried installing mpeg4ip package.  It says:
]$ ./bootstrap
dir: .
SDL appears to be installed
Error - we have detected a version of faac that has libmp4v2 support
and no copy of mpeg4ip-config.  This means faac was built with
faad2 and the libraries will be incompatible.
Please reinstall faac without mp4v2 support
then,
# locate faac
/home/tom/xvidcap-1.1.4p1/ffmpeg/libavcodec/faac.c
/usr/bin/faac
/usr/lib/libfaac.so.0
/usr/lib/libfaac.so.0.0.0
/usr/lib/libquicktime/lqt_faac.so
/usr/share/doc/faac-1.24
/usr/share/doc/faac-1.24/COPYING
/usr/share/doc/faac-1.24/ChangeLog
/usr/share/doc/faac-1.24/README
/usr/share/doc/faac-1.24/TODO

What are the steps to reinstall faac without mp4v2 support?  Any
pointers appreciated.
Tom