Gnome squares!

Scott van Looy scott at ethosuk.org.uk
Mon Feb 19 16:02:44 UTC 2007

OK, so I updated something somewhere (may have been installing
international support, not quite sure) and now my gnome TTF fonts all come
out as squares, not letters. Firefox fonts are ok tho (may be a clue,
IIRC firefox uses a different type of font renderer or something).

Tried removing gnome and reinstalling. Tried changing language (now I'm
stuck in polish too!) and tried removing all additional language packs and
nothing I do seems to fix the lil squares.

Cute tho they are, I'd rather actually be able to read what's on my screen
- so...has anyone got any ideas about what the issue could be?

--
Scott van Looy - email:me at ethosuk.org.uk | web:www.ethosuk.org.uk
site:www.freakcity.net - the in place for outcasts since 2003

No matter whether th' constitution follows th' flag or not, th' supreme
court follows th' iliction returns.
 		-- Mr. Dooley