Limitation for User

Vivek J. Patankar list307 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 17:19:38 UTC 2007

edwardspl at ita.org.mo wrote:
> I want to how to config the limitation ( permission ) from the following ?
>
> [svradmin at svr1 etc]$ pwd
> /usr/local/proftpd/etc
> [svradmin at svr1 etc]$ ls -l
> total 4
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1894 Feb 20 00:22 proftpd.conf
> [svradmin at svr1 etc]$
>
> Only allow user root, svradmin and edward they can access to
> /usr/.local/proftpd/etc/ ( directory ) and read / modify the config file
> ( such as proftpd.conf ).

Kernel 2.6 onwards supports filesystem ACLs. You can start with the
below article. It's a bit dated, it was written when FC2 was current,
but it should work.

http://www.vanemery.com/Linux/ACL/linux-acl.html

I haven't played around with filesystem ACLs... yet.

--
Regards
Vivek J. Patankar

Registered Linux User #374218