[Fedora] Sendmail's 2GiB limit?

Chris Mohler cr33dog at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 00:03:07 UTC 2007

>     I didn't say that it's Fedora's default rotation, did I?  I said WE
> rotate once a month.  In other words, WE adjust our rotation
> configuration to do it once a month, and WE keep 12 months worth of logs.
>
>     However, this isn't about the rotation frequency.  I can hit 2GiB in
> a week easily, but that's not the problem here.  This is about the
> *limitation* that sysklogd has and the question as to WHY.  There's, in
> my mind, absolutely no reason for this limitation, and yet it seems to
> have escaped everyone, probably because everyone rotate every week.

If I follow this discussion:
http://www.mail-archive.com/devel@kannel.org/msg06223.html

you may be able to recompile sysklogd and have it pass the 2g limit.
It might be easier to move the rotation frequency back to one week,
and then glom the rotated files together once a month via cron.

If recompiling sysklogd is the answwer, a bug should propbably be filed?

Chris

Chris