Q: Sendmail -- working around overly long greet pauses

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Wed Feb 21 00:15:06 UTC 2007

Philip Prindeville wrote:

>> Before you try fixing anything please try....
>>
>> telnet ns.chinanet.cn.net 25
>>
>> It never answers the call.  At least not from Taiwan.
>>

> It's hit or miss.  Sometimes it answers, sometimes it doesn't.

If it doesn't answer, then all the timeout settings in the world won't help.
  You may want to send them a FAX at +86-10-58501724 and inform them of the
issue.  I think they are still on Chinese New Year holiday in Beijing so you
may not get action on it quickly.

--
Beware of Programmers who carry screwdrivers.
		-- Leonard Brandwein