[Fedora] Sendmail's 2GiB limit?

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Wed Feb 21 15:46:52 UTC 2007

Craig White wrote:
> Come to think of it, I don't recall ever seeing savvy administrators whining over a new scripting challenge, especially something that is this easy.

    It wasn't meant as a whine in the sense that it can't be done or
that I had to do it, but more a complaint of having to do it *because*
of someone else's decision to implement that limitation.  I'm being
forced to do one of two things: either rotate logs more often and write
a wrapper around the rotation, or rebuild syslog (and whatever other
utility needed to make this work.)  Neither of which are necessary if
that limit wasn't implemented.  Again, I don't see any reason why it
still exists.

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6