FC5 to FC6 respin brings up TWM

Michael A Peters mpeters at mac.com
Wed Feb 21 18:58:37 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-21 at 08:42 -0800, Philip Walden wrote:

> This was my test system, so when I update my work FC5, I'll use the
> official CDs. I used the re-spin thinking it would avoid several hours
> of yum update immediately after the install. The funny thing was I still
> had several hours of yum update after installing the re-spin.

In my case it did save me quite a bit - but I'm guessing it probably is
about time for another respin soon as many of the packages it would have
saved you from updating have been updated again.

I did one install from official CD and there were something like 400MB
of updates, where from the respin, I had just under 100MB - but I bet
now, the saving difference is a lot less.