ESR: Goodbye Fedora

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 23:19:34 UTC 2007

Temlakos wrote:

> Does anyone here think that any of Mr. Raymond's suggestions have any
> merit? Or shall we write this off to sour grapes?

The one that matters is that fedora isn't suitable for machine that need
to be stable and reliable.  I've always thought that a quick, easy
solution to most surprises would be to let yum take a date/time option
and ignore all updates after that time.  That way you could stay almost
up to date on your critical machines while watching the mail list for
complaints by people with the newer changes.  And, you could update a
test machine and after testing, reliably update other boxes to the same
versions that you tested even if new updates had gone in the repository.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com