ESR: Goodbye Fedora

Les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Thu Feb 22 16:45:09 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-21 at 17:47 -0500, Temlakos wrote:
SNIP!
> Does anyone here think that any of Mr. Raymond's suggestions have any
> merit? Or shall we write this off to sour grapes?
>
> Temlakos

I have to agree on one point, that user type workstation support is a
bit lacking.  What I want is a series of systems that support the web,
allow me to get the content on my machine and use it, not Microsoft, and
be simple to maintain after install, reasonably supported without a lot
of bit bashing type read, do, reread, redo, and twiddle until it works.

Yes, Fedora is "cutting edge", but still, the workstation portion needs
to be reliable, usable, and comprehensive to support additional
development.  It must be the spring board if Fedora is to be a good
solid, usable platform for that cutting edge development.

Regards,
Les H