sendmail

dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us
Fri Feb 23 02:03:41 UTC 2007

Im running Fedora Core 6 with sendmail, procmail, openldap and uw-imap
installed.  Sendmail is configure with openldap for mail and user
accounts.  Most of my users check their mail through horde and imp
webmail which works well.  However, a few users use Mozilla
Thunderbird email client.  When they are inside my network they can
send and recieve emails no problem.  When they go home they are unable
to send emails.  The mail client keeps asking for username and
password.  Im thinking that my pam module for smtp isnt configured
correctly to grab the username and passwords from my ldap directory.
But I cant quite put my finger on the issue.  Im not seeing anything
weird in my logfiles.  I actually tried sending an email from
thunderbird while watching my secure logs and nothing happens.  But
Mozilla comes back with wanting username and password again.  Anyone
using anything close to my mailserver setup?  Im sortof at a loss as
to why this doesnt work.

--
Dwayne Hottinger
Network Administrator