FC6 freezing at bootup (sometimes)

Ryan Li li_international at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 23 04:42:09 UTC 2007

I'm running FC6 on my iMac and have rEFIt installed.
I can choose Mac OS X or FC6 from the rEFIt boot menu.
If I choose to boot into FC6 it often freezes at 'Red Hat nash version
5.1.19 starting'
But if I boot into Mac OS X and do a restart and then choose FC6, there's no
problem.
Is there a simple fix to make it to where I won't have to first boot into OS
X?

Thanks_
Ryan

P.S. It also says this right before it freezes:

Xen: Xen trace buffers: disabled
PCI: BIOS BUG: MCFG Area at e0000000 is not E820-reserved
PIC: Not Using MMCONFIG
i8042 .C: No controller found
Red Hat nash version 5.1.19 starting
ata_piix 0000:00 1f.2: invalid map value 0