Slightly OT: bad rap for Fedora, and realistic effects

Chris Mohler cr33dog at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 20:24:40 UTC 2007

[snip]
> Fedora has to
> compete with a one-disk install of Windows XP, that can be installed
> in an hour with no babysitting. Fedora installs require one to switch
> disk three or four times.

No way.  Win XP comes with NOTHING.  You can't even open ZIP file. FC
includes thousands(?) of programs.  Not a fair comparison.

Since FC5, I only download the first two discs and do a minimal
install.  I then yum groupinstall Gnome, KDE, etc.  Actual time I need
to be present is about an hour - do XP and say 100 applications and
tell me how long it takes you.

Chris