Update FC5->FC6

Peter Lauri lists at dwsasia.com
Mon Feb 26 06:23:03 UTC 2007

Hi,

I tried to upgrade to FC6, but I am getting some errors. This is how I do
it:

# yum clean all

# rpm -Uhv
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/i386/os/Fedora/RPM
S/fedora-release-6-4.noarch.rpm
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/i386/os/Fedora/RPM
S/fedora-release-notes-6-3.noarch.rpm

# yum -y update

I piped stderr and stdout to a log file. When I grep for conflicts I get
this. And in the end the update process ends with "Error" about hal and
autofs.

--> Processing Conflict: hal conflicts kernel < 2.6.17

--> Processing Conflict: autofs conflicts kernel < 2.6.17

--> Processing Conflict: autofs conflicts kernel < 2.6.17

--> Processing Conflict: hal conflicts kernel < 2.6.17

--> Processing Conflict: autofs conflicts kernel < 2.6.17

--> Processing Conflict: hal conflicts kernel < 2.6.17

I googled and got this:

http://forum.openvz.org/index.php?
<http://forum.openvz.org/index.php?&t=msg&th=1829> &t=msg&th=1829

http://downlode.org/writing/TechNotes/

I am a real newbie and worried that I will screw up something. Can you
please direct me into a "safe" direction? :-(

Best regards,

Peter Lauri

 <http://www.dwsasia.com/> www.dwsasia.com - company web site

 <http://www.lauri.se/> www.lauri.se - personal web site