Dell says all aboard for Linux PCs

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Mon Feb 26 19:25:35 UTC 2007

William Anderson wrote:

> Yeah, and around the 2,070 mark, we have:
> http://www.dellideastorm.com/article/show/63527/FREE_TV_advertising_on_new_Cable_TV_network
>
> Not exactly awe-inspiring stuff, so it's not surprising Dell cherry picked.

That means nothing, since the Microsoft free one was up at 33,000 (the
spam is 6% of that) when I looked.  Also they took time to trumpet about
being Carbon Neutral, or at least to drop the phrase in there, and that
is much further down.

>> That's one idea Dell "recommends Windows Vista™ Business" don't want to
>> give any oxygen to.  And why would any news outlet rock the boat when
>> their boat floats on Dell and Microsoft advertising dollars.
>
> Dell are required to "recommend" XP and Vista by virtue of the OEM

They want Microsoft's money, so they agree to stuff that is only in
Microsoft's interest, not their customers'.  You can't say "required" as
if they have no choice.  They don't want to explain the way they pocket
monopoly money to keep shouting Microsoft's message at the customer over
and over, because that's an ugly truth their customers can understand.

-Andy