donated computers lab setup

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 2 14:31:47 UTC 2007

Ric Moore wrote:

> Well here's one of huge magnitude that needs Linux users to reclaim Open
> Source ground that Windows and Mac users have grabbed a hold of.
>
> http://www.croquetcollaborative.org
>
> Yeah, I'm gonna pang on this one until we get some interest started.

After reading the opening page, I still don't know what it is.

> People like Alan Kay are directing this project and if we snooze we
> lose. The project is completely Open Source, but from the people I am in

I suppose this is intended to be a clumny both against the project
and the man. I know nothing about Alan Kay, except that you think
he is doing a good thing in a bad way.

[snip]

> This is bigger than spreadsheets and databases ever thought of being.
> IMHO, it's the next Big Thing that can issue in the New Era. The dnload

Oh, no. Not another "New Era". I've got enough of them, already.

[snip]

> I'd REALLY like to see the Fedora Foundation and RH take this one under
> their wing as Alan Kay is also part of the $100 one-laptop-per-child
> project, as is RH and MIT. I'm using it for my OAR project to reduce the

Ah. This I'm familiar with.

> recidivism rate among the 2.7 million incarcerated in the US. As much as

Poor victims of society, I suppose.

[snip]

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.