totally off topic email question

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Jan 3 02:04:22 UTC 2007

Greetings all;

Running on empty here, but I said I'd ask.  This same neighbor has bought
an acer lappy, widescreen.

She is using an email address at yahoo & has for years.  I've spent an
hour already this evening trying to get thunderbird-1.5.0.9 to connect
and suck the email we can see sitting there if we log in through the web
page portal.

We know the username, and she knows her password, and we've refreshed it
several times without effect.  We have
tried 'yahoomail.om' 'mail.yahoo.com' and plain old 'yahoo.com' for the
two servers, pop for sucking, and smtp for sending.  Thunderbird says its
connected regardless of the name, but doesn't suck the messages down when
told to, it connects, and slides the green bar across and back for about
40 seconds, but nothing else happens.

So can someone clarify for me, the names of the  pop and smtp servers at
yahoo.  Or how to make t-bird verbose enough to tell us whats wrong?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)