autoextractible archive

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jan 3 14:12:47 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 14:51 +0100, Zacharie Elcor wrote:

> I need to make a simple command line installer (a binary file that
> would uncompress its content when run, then execute an arbitrary
> comand) but I didn't find such a utility in fedora packages.

Sounds awfully like planning to build a trojan...  However, "self
extracting archive" is the most common term I've come across for that
sort of thing.

<http://www.google.com.au/search?q=linux+self+extracting+archive> finds
<http://linux.org.mt/article/selfextract> at the top of the list, which
sounds like what you want to do.