shell script how to switch users?

Rajiv Jaisankar rajiv.jaisankar at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 13:28:53 UTC 2007

Hi All,
i am not sure if this is the right mailing list for asking this question. I
would appreciate any help on this.

I want to switch users using a shell script, i.e.
Say i am logged in as user1. I would like to say su - user2 in my script.
I would be performing some operations as user "user2" as part of the script
after logging in as this user.
Finally i will be exiting back to user1 shell.

How will i login as user2 through shell script?
How will i  execute scripts as user2 after logging in from shell script?
Even if i am able to login as user2
any commands after "su - user2" are not executed as user2. They are executed
only as user1 when i exit the
user2 shell.

--
Regards,