e16

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 4 20:31:46 UTC 2007

Thomas Springer wrote:

> ::DR17/E17 is making it's way to Fedora Extras::
>
> Yeps... You read correctly. :) I've been sponsored by Tom "Spot"
> Callaway (from RedHat) CVS access to push DR17+EFL in the Fedoras extras
> repository.
> <quote/>
>
> Ok, this is old news;)
> I don't know what happened since then, but there should be something in
> f-extras-list. I am just to busy to search/read that thru now.

It is mostly likely that parts of E16 depended on xine-lib which itself
was not available in Fedora Extras at that time and due to the possible
delays in resolving the legal issues pruning all the non-free components
out of the library, the maintainer lost interest in it.

Now that xine-lib is already in Fedora Extras, that can change.

> http://sps.nus.edu.sg/~didierbe/index.html
> He does provide a mailto at the bottom of his page.

I will try and see if I can establish contact.

Rahul